Wednesday, April 12, 2023

The No Good Very Bad Day

 "Oh Lord, you have searched me and know me." Psalm 139:1

    Still not over what I'm "making" cause yesterday it looked like a mess! I started my day wanting to be mindful of what I was "making." Oh the plans of this woman!

    I immediately locked myself out of my computer. I couldn't for the life of me get in, even after several attempts with a new password.

    My chair hits the ground every time I sat down (Hamby and Cat know how much I hate low chairs). Bless Holly she goes and finds a different one! But now I'm leery every time I move!

    I went to make copies and you guessed it - forgot my copier password. Which is my phone number! Holly said, "I can give you your copier code." I replied, "No." And texted Dan to give me needed info (an hour later).

    By lunch I WANTED to be left alone, but no, three students needed me. I explained I had nothing left to give!

    Then in the middle of 5th period one of my favs gets up in the middle of instruction, and says, "Hey, I need to make arrangements to get these checks to the bank. You don't mind if I text _____?" Which totally disrupts class. Added to a sassy 15 year old who totally disobeyed me!

    Nope, I don't mind at all! I'm thinking this day is going south minute by minute.

    And then I remembered the article!  I reread it. Bloom says, "Does this mean that all of us should be employed full-time by a Christian ministry? [obviously not me] By no means! Rather, it means that all of us should see all of life as a form of full-time Christian ministry, no matter what our profession is. [Lord, here I am wanting to be used and nothing is going right] For the Christian, there is no abiding sacred-secular distinction. All things are God’s (Romans 11:36), and we do all things for God’s glory (1 Corinthians 10:31)."

    All things are God's - even computers, copiers, chairs, and budding entrepreneurs who need a bank run!

    And in all the trials a kid who has refused to work for several months picked up a pencil and I found out one boy really likes poetry. Then a girl comes in and says, "I didn't make the cheerleading team, but its OK. I come to school because you're here."

     And then I breathe (through tears) and think - me too! Because in the middle of "making" I remembered - He is making me!

No comments: