Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Day 4...It's Tuesday and Wednesday is coming!!!

Dear Students,
For around 120 days I've poured every ounce of knowledge I possess on the subject of writing into them.  Tomorrow we find out if the state of Georgia thinks that is enough.  However, I must admit that you've taught me that I've got so much more to learn!  I need to be better at helping those special ed students, who struggle and want to please me.  Those with ADHD who need more of me...I feel it as you draw and rip paper struggling to birth every word.  I feel your frustrations.  Yet, this is education today...bitter.  I hate that someone is going to break the very "life blood of writing" in some of you by telling you that you aren't good enough.  Well let me remind you tonight that you are more than a pencil and a piece of paper.  You breathe and have life!!!  You have so much yet to learn and tell.  Don't give up!!!  Stay with me after tomorrow and let us practice some more of this sweet fruit called writing.

Love,
Mrs. Hestad


2 comments:

Jaana said...

That's right! We write regardless of what they state tests say!

GirlGriot said...

I hope Wednesday brought you good news, Lennye!