Monday, March 3, 2014

Day 3 = 30 Years

“A successful marriage requires falling in love many times, always with the same person.”
-Mignon McLaughlin
I looked at this picture today and was overcome with the happiness on everyone's face.  Mine had been a hard life. My mother died when I was young and I put myself through college.  I had been teaching school a couple of years when we got married.  I look at the faces of those throughing bird seed, and I never before knew how happy they were for me.  I was in love and that was all I could see.

30 years later...10950 days...3 boys...2 miscarriages...14 moves...6 wrecks...4 funnerals...and a lifetime of memories later, I would still marry that man over again. I'm very blessed!!!
 

2 comments:

wakeupandwrite said...

Whoa - a beautiful life summary in a tiny paragraph and one photo. Happy celebration of love and life.

Amy Rudd said...

30 years already? My how time flies! I know for certain I feel the same about my hubby 20 years later (next year). Love photo you shared...Happy Anniversary!