Thursday, March 29, 2012

March 29

Teaching is never dull...

Has anyone else noticed that when you say, "Stop talking and get busy."  You've always got one person who goes into a tirade.  Carrying on, whining, and sometimes a little stomping to add emphasis.  Well here was our day.

Girls talking not writing.

Mrs. Hestad: Girls get busy and stop talking

Girl 1:  I wasn't talking...you always blame me for everything...oh my goodness...I don't believe this...none of us said a word.

Boy 1:  Oh boy here it comes...the bi-polar moment.

Girl 1: continues ranting and now adds tears.

Girl 1 then says:  All we said was what page!

Mrs. Hestad:  Okay.  Please tell me you understand that we just listened to you carry on for 10 minutes about how you WERE NOT talking only now you say you did say something.

Girl 1:  But I wasn't talking.

(Okay...this is when I worry about 5th graders today.  First, we've raised our voice at the teacher, called her a liar, and then admitted to the crime....only she still doesn't believe it)

Mrs. Hestad:  Ok. Look you talked and if you don't stop having these melt downs anytime I say no or stop, I am probably going to have a heart attack.  Then M. will have to go next door and get the difibulator, but it will be to late.  At my funeral D. will tell everyone I died from all the carrying on people do over saying they weren't talking when they were talking. 

(Needless to say I was getting "out of my car" by then)  When...

Boy 2 says:  Oh no! We are all headed to juvi for sure!!!

Then we all laughed.  Girl 1, 2 and 3 promised to stop having melt downs.

Have I ever said how much I love boys!!!!  They just get it!!!!

2 comments:

Julie said...

Oh, I have days like that with my third graders too! I like the play by play conversation. I felt like I was there. Hope it's better tomorrow!

Cindy said...

Remember the old Bill Cosby routine called "Brain Damage"? He was definitely on to something there.