Friday, March 2, 2012

March 2

In Social Studies we have started studying WWII.  Fifth grade boys long for this day and the girls just look mildly interested.  However, today as I was doing lesson plans I was so excited I wanted to scream.  Next week I will introduce them to old friends...Ellen and AnnaMarie.  Yes, we are going to start Number the Stars.  I LOVE that book.  And as a teacher I can't wait to introduce a whole new group of students to some of the most memorable characters ever!  This is the stuff that makes teaching worth it for me! 

Happy Friday all!  I hope you find renewed excitement this weekend!

1 comment:

Lee Ann Spillane said...

I know just what you mean! My 11th graders wanted to have a book club and for the first couple of months they were on a John Green kick. I delighted in spending time with Alaska (Looking for Alaska) and Margo (Papertowns). It was just so much fun to revisit their adventures with a different group of kids.