Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Life According to Seuss Part 2

“You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams.”
-Dr. Seuss

After 26+ years of marriage I think this is definately true. One thing about Dan is he is exactly what I prayed for as a single woman of 22. We met when I was 23 in Sunday School and for me it was love at first sight. Which was a very strange experience, considering I didn't see him again for about 5 months because of job obligations. I remember coming home from our first offical date in September 1983 and praying that if he wasn't the one I never wanted him to call again, because I knew it would be too painful to date and then have him move on. By March 3, 1984 we were married!

I wish I could say that the years have all been easy, but they haven't. However, there is a comfort that comes in knowing that I go to sleep at night and wake up the next morning with someone who loves me (in spite of all my faults) and I love him. The other day I made a comment about the fact that he starts the dishwasher and never has all the dirty dishes in it. He looked at me and said, "You know when I look at you I never see anything wrong with you." That pretty much sums up true love. Love is the ability to see on the best in the one you love.  It  is also the security of knowing that the one you have is the only one you'll ever want.



No comments: