Monday, March 8, 2010

Day 8 - Come Monday

I tried to think of some witty song lyric that would describe today. There isn't one! So I guess it is what it is...Monday.

This week we are starting a marathon week at work. We are having to fit in parent conferences whenever we can, because there will be no special day for them. Budget cuts = furlough day for teachers. Then my precious student teacher is still sick and it is time for her to start her unit. It was tough on her today. (Teaching is hard enough when you feel great!) Plus, I tried to get together a PLU class on Writing for tomorrow.

However, I did sit and have lunch with 7 boys today. We talked about WWII and books. They like reading war stories. They were pretty funny.

I also talked to MeMe who is dealing with a rare form of cancer called "carcinoids". She is doing well and it made me feel connected to hear her voice.

Got home after my 12 hour day and my sweet husband had supper ready for me! Now it is time for House and 24. I might make it to Tuesday.

I hope your Monday was melodious!

2 comments:

Kari said...

House makes Mondays bearable! :) Sounds like you had a busy day. Hope you can relax tonight.

Tara said...

What a day...good thing House is on...plus, dinner was ready!