Saturday, March 6, 2010

Day 6 - A Sunny Lazy Day

If today's post is suppose to be a slice of life then this is a totally lazy day! I got my hair done at 9am this morning. Honestly, I think my beautician is a miracle worker! Color, trim, and then some how she straighten this mass of wavy hair into movie star hair. I only wish I was that good. (I also knocked out a parent conference while there.)

After that I went to the grocery store in our small community. I love our grocery store, everyone is so friendly and shopping is a pleasure. I came home made lunch and then took a REALLY long nap.

We are going to grill out tonight:  steak, potatoes, and salad. It is a perfect day to grill out.

There is only one hitch in my day. I've got to get this house straightened up (YUCK), and to do that I need some Method hardwood floor cleaner that is only sold at Target which is a good 20 miles one way from me. I'm just not sure I can swing it!!!

I hope your Saturday was equally relaxing.

2 comments:

Alan Wright said...

For all that we wish for on Saturdays we actually managed to accomplish quite a range of things. Importantly a small number may actually involve a little bit of self indulgence. Nothing wrong with that. Your piece made me recall the lyric line 'Slow down, you move too fast, you've got to make the morning last...' So I can see how you wished to enjoy the sun and take your time with the events of the day.

Tara said...

Your post made me think of lazy summer days, when I want to take my sweet time with everything and just enjoy the moment and the freedom to (as Alan said) "make the morning last". Great slice!