Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Bewildered

I've decided to give the word overwhelmed a rest...so how about I'm totally bewildered. I'm sorry, but this A day Bday schedule is killing me. I don't know the kids. Then you add how low my homeroom is and I'm overwhelmed. I've already seen some of the worse behaved children I've ever seen. I'm not talking emotional problems, I'm talking flat out rude. Then add to that the absolute babies, it isn't they don't care, they just can't so much as find the notebook.

Then you get to come home to mounds of laundry, floors that need cleaning, lessons that need to be planned and researched. Save me!!!!!!!!!!

I know this will get better but for now the job at hand is massive. I know everyone thinks their own personal job is the hardest in the school, but when you've got 130 boys and girls depending on you to make sure that they are going to pass the CRCT it is...OVERWHELMING. Add to that the fact that your administrators are counting on you to save AYP and now openly say it!!!!!!!!!!! Talk about a pressure filled situation!

2 comments:

Monkey said...

I definitely know my job is not the hardest in the school...until adults are involved, my job is pretty great. However a kindergarten child had a meltdown over wanting one red crayon over another and the meltdown was so horrendous that he had to be removed from my room kicking and screaming this afternoon. Not pleasant, but not the end of the world.
You always do your job like you're supposed to, so I don't think you have anything to worry about as far as all those extra worries...just keep on doing what you've been doing. And really this group might seem crazy to you because it's new and who you have now...but really are they crazier than the Jimmy J. group of years past? I'm thinking they are a teensy bit more sane! :)

Lennye said...

I'm counting on you being right on this! I agree there's probably been lower, but this new schedule is a huge strain.