Saturday, June 13, 2009

Trusting God

I do not think it is a coincident that Dan's SS class starts to study Trusting God and suddenly the Hestad's undergo roadblocks. I'm thinking it is a devine intervention. In Ch. 2 and 3 the main point is "God is in control. He has a purpose and a plan for you, and He has the power to carry out that plan."

Now since the decision was made to start this study. Matt has lost his license for 6 months. He lost ALL of his scholarships because of a "D" in history. He is taking 2 online classes at the tune of $1,100. He has to take defensive driving classes, which I will have to drive him to take. He found out he couldn't get a Stafford loan. Then today...I found out I couldn't get my loan to finish up my dissertation.

Oh there will be phone calls on Monday, but what if God has other plans... Elizabeth Elliot once told of losing her life's work interpreting the Bible into the language of the Acua Indians. How could it have been God's will? But she never doubted. So I shall not doubt but trust that whatever God is doing is the best plan for us.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amen...

Freda