Monday, June 8, 2009

Ramblings

Summer School was a little rougher this morning. Seems the honeymoon is over! One of them looked at me and said, "I'm ready to go to Mrs. C. I didn't come here to work." I replied, "That is exactly why you are here! For the last 180 days you chose not to work, now you have 5 left to get it right." Every child I'm seeing is more than capable of passing the test. Attitude plays a big part in this problem..

My summer is going south quick. Seems Matt has two online classes, except one of those classes requires 4 on campus classes. Wasn't a big deal till he lost his license. I'm just bucking up and moving forward. It must be extremely difficult to have your license taken away at 19. I remember when my mom was sick, I needed to get her medical help right away. I called the doctor, he said for me to get in the car and drive her to town (10 miles). I said, "What if I get stopped?" He said for me to tell the cop to get me to the doctor NOW! After that he thought the state should give me a hardship license. They didn't, and we made it.

I miss MeMe. Saturday she didn't sound good. The experimental drug is making her sicker. I know that one day this cancer will take her from me, but I'm not ready. I need more time. I need to be closer. I need to be able to cook and help her do things.This weekend I've wondered if we should have moved back to Oklahoma. I know it is probably just the sadness talking.

I'm trying to get Gabe ready for his trip. I've got to get Gabe off at 1:00, then take Matt to Tifton to class. What!!!!!!!!!!!!

The fall wedding season is shaping up this year, August 1, October 10, and October 24 are all must go to weddings. I was opting out of the October 24th one since it is my 50th birthday...that was until today. Drew's best friend Alex is marrying some girl whose Daddy is very rich. They are getting married at Lake Lanier. So today in a huge 8x11 envelope came the wedding planning weekend. Where to stay...prices...activity choices...something about spa treatments. I'm thinking I need to go to that one and be pampered. However, Dan needs to work hard, because I'm not giving up Bonnie Raitt at Mrytle Beach.

So there you go! Lots of happenings! Oh yes and when am I finishing Chapter 2?

1 comment:

Monkey said...

You have more patience than me, being able to teach summer school...seriously---if I didn't get a break from all things involved in that building, I would have nutted up! :) The money will be great and you should definitely get out to Oklahoma...forget the stuff that doesn't matter...the stuff going on with Oklahoma matters a lot.