Monday, May 18, 2009

Teacher of the Year!?

What in the world! NH called me around 4:15 when I was on my way to the chiropractor and says, "Guess What? I'm surrounded by great teachers. Last years TOY and this years TOY."
My response was did you win! She says no, you did!!! WHAT!!!!!!!!!

I had just had a long conversation with another teacher about how NH needed to be TOY. I was the one who nominated her and wrote this wonderful paper I might add. Seems NH nominated me!! Go figure.

Oh well, I have great friends and it is an honor to be TOY. I remember 24 years ago holding this fat little baby boy and deciding to stay home with him. Oh how I thought my life was over with! At the time I was sure that my professional life was over. Then this award today.

Life sure is funny isn't it.



Freda, Nanci, and me at Hannah's wedding. What's with us all wearing the same colors.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Butts County Reading Teacher of the Year and Stark Elementary TOY- you've had a pretty good year!
Congratulations....When are we going to celebrate?

Freda

K2daK said...

Congratulations!!!

Melissa said...

Rock on lady! :) And yes, my hand still smells like you...let the people try to figure out that comment! :)