Saturday, May 23, 2009

Friday Night

Last night the Hestads and the Reeses went out! Reservations and a mini road trip were involved. We cleaned up after a long field day. F could still walk at this time, after her tumble during the tug of war. We were still in a good mood after F had to defuse an irrate parent, with no help from those in charge. So we headed north.
We went to the Blue Willow Inn in Social Circle to celebrate the outgoing and incoming teacher of the year. It was fun! We sat in the sunroom, which is by far my favorite spot in the restaurant. The Blue Willow is all you can eat Southern Buffet type food. Weekends are seafood night. My personal favorite is the peel and eat shrimp, the crab salad, twice baked potatoes, the fried green tomatoes and the peanut butter pie. So I that was were I stayed. F. pretty much ate the same things I did (I was shocked she didn't tackle the salmon). Ricky enjoyed the catfish and Dan seemed to enjoy everything he tasted. To me the place is a bit pricey, the buffet is $26.95 a piece on weekends. However the food is good, the atmosphere is fantastic, and the drive is a beautiful one. We had a grand time. One plug for the restaurant would be if you like crab legs, they are all you can eat, unfortunately none of us like to work that hard to eat...the peel and eat shrimp was a challenge enough.

Of course every night is good when I get to come home with this honey!

2 comments:

Sarah B. B. said...

Looks like y'all had some serious TOTY fun - glad you could get away & eat something yummy. :)

K2daK said...

I love north Georgia, it has to be one of my most favorite parts in the whole world. I know it isn't too far north, but since I moved down here anything above Atl. is north. :) Glad you all enjoyed it!