Thursday, April 9, 2009

Gifts

Recently when we had a day off for a big meeting, NH made the comment about what a wonderful life I had lived. I've always thought I missed too many things, but since NH comment I'm looking at life a little different. For instance, last night during choir practice my mind couldn't help but travel back to when we lived in Colorado. Don Fransisco was a neighbor (a mere 5 miles away) and one time he planned a huge concert in Crested Butte. Terry Clark was coming in and they both were well known contemporary Christian musicians. It was going to be a big night, until a blizzard hit! That's right it was the worse weather we got out of the whole 5 years we lived there. Thirty-six inches in 12 hours. They decided to go ahead with the concert. Terry Clark's plane had to land in Montrose a good 60-70 miles away, and then he drove to Crested Butte. There were only about 15 people in the auditorium, and it was a wonderful evening.

So last night during choir practice my mind raced back. I heard the music again. I left choir practice wanting to hear "High Praise" by Don Fransisco and any Terry Clark music. I left choir thankful that I had that experience. That it was a gift, but most importantly I left knowing that I have had a wonderful life and all these years I just didn't know.

Thanks NH for a few words that might not have meant much when you said them, but they've changed my whole outlook. I've always thought a joyful life alluded me, but it was right there all along. I just had to open my heart and mind to it.

1 comment:

Bonnie K said...

A good friend to share an observation that maybe you don't slow down to see. Now you can step back and reflect and enjoy your life after the fact, as dessert!
Bonnie