Saturday, March 7, 2009

Saturday

Today is going to be a great day! I'm planning to cook for company that will come over after church tomorrow. These are friends we have had for about 20 years. I'm planning a spread. We will be having brisket, macaroni and cheese, hashbrown casserole, broccoli salad, pasta salad, baked beans, collard greens, and heavenly pie. It would probably be cheaper to take everyone out to eat, but where is the fun in that. Tomorrow I will produce a full account of the day.

So Happy Saturday to all. (Poor Gabe is still sick.)

5 comments:

Tracey said...

Sounds like your company is in for a treat! Spending time with friends and family around the table is always healing for me, too.

Anonymous said...

Wow that is quite a spread. Have fun cooking and spending time with friends.

Susan Rugh said...

Your listing of things to eat reminded me of sweet potato french fries--a new treat at our local BBQ. I also read your post from the day before and oh boy, do we have you fooled! My life's nothing but songbirds and if you believe that, I've got a bridge in Brooklyn to sell you.

I loved that post of yours, with the blow-by-blow description of a Day Gone Wrong. It makes me feel better to know I have some company on my Days Gone Wrong. Thanks for that post!

Elizabeth
http://peninkpaper.blogspot.com/

P.S. Have fun with your company!

Lee said...

Sounds delicious, and WHAT is Heavenly Pie? Sounds ... heavenly!

Anonymous said...

I feel sure that you will bring the 2nd pie to school Monday....right?

Freda