Friday, January 30, 2009

Tidbits

Today we worked on the class book with two classes. It was a busy day! Then the kiddos worked on their Favorite Teacher stories. I've used Ruby Bridges book, Through My Eyes as a mentor text. Plus taught them how to use questioning to help organize your writing and thoughts. Some good papers came in. I will be posting about Mrs. Brown, Mrs. Reese, and Mrs. Hamlin.

Then we were all called to the media center for a meeting. I knew why...I was selected as the McIntosh Reading Council Teacher of the Year. This is a big deal and suppose to be a secret until the ceremony. However, someone in charge told someone else, who then emailed me congratulations this week. I was kinda hurt. I know F and Media Center Woman wanted it to be a suprise like it has been every year. I guess I was most surprised at how Dr. E responded, she was furious. If it has been a surprise for several years why was there a leak this year? Interesting!

Drew and Nicole are on their third day in Lexington with no electricity. Drew called tonight and said they were going further north to Grandma and Grandpa Stork's house they have electricity.

Gabe has a huge project coming due. Next week so we will be working on that.

Matt is staying in Tifton this weekend.

Dan is working (driving for free) at Harold's in hopes of taking his CDL driving portion next week. Then (everyone pray) maybe Harold will give him a job. Pray he needs a job soon...

1 comment:

Monkey said...

I missed the beginning of that meeting because of car rider duty...and don't know the half of what's going on...but something sounds good---so CONGRATULATIONS!! :)