Friday, January 23, 2009

***Hearts***

Yes, we all have heart, and today I found out they are big business! Of course I noticed several educator tags in the parking lot and April is coming!!!! Anyway, I had to have a stress test and echocardiogram done today. I thought I'd just get up on the treadmill and be back in time to relax all afternoon. NO!!!! Apparently after my echo some man decided to pump radioactive stuff through my veins. Unfortunately he couldn't find it so he began digging and poking. I got nausiated and must of turned colors, because he told me to lay down until I felt better. YUCK! It was at this point that I found out that they would take one set of pictures of my heart before nucking me and then another set 3 hours later. What!?! Why didn't anybody say, "Oh Mrs. H you will be testing from 9:00am till 3:00pm." Anyway, I did get to eat at 12 finally and drink some caffine. I should know something next Thursday afternoon.

Let it be known that I am extremely worried about the writing test. It is coming up March 4th. Well today this was posted on another blog. I wanted to cry...I think my heart skipped several beats when I read it. THE FIRST DRAFT!!! Whoa is me.

I do want to say that writing might be the hardest thing I've ever taught my students!! I read on how to teach writing all the time, but it isn't getting across! BE STILL MY ACHING HEART.

Also, tonight will be the last time Matt shows horses as a youth. It will be rough for him. I wrote this bio that will be read before he goes in the pen tonight...

Matt Hestad is the 19 year old son of Dan and Lennye Hestad of Mansfield, Georgia. Matt is a 2008 graduate of Piedmont Academy and a freshman at Abraham Baldwin Agricultural College in Tifton, GA, where he is majoring in Agri Business. This is Matt's last year to show as a youth. Over the years Matt has won numerous awards in the cutting pen. He has been priviliged to ride some great horses over the years. These horses have allowed him the opportunity to be a youth finalist at the Eastern Nationals numerous times. He also has been youth champion at many of the Area 18 associations over the years, but perhaps his greatest moment so far was his Reserve Champion at the World Paint Show in the 18 and under class.

No one has enjoyed being a youth rider anymore than Matt. The cutting arena has allowed Matt to make several lifelong friends and he wants to thank them for their friendship over the years. Matt realizes that he has been blessed by a loving family and lots of caring adults in the cutting horse family who have helped him along his way. He is blessed with wonderful memories of growing up in the horse business that will carry him through life, and is looking forward to the many opportunities God has planned for him.

Tonight Matt will be riding Double Mint Cash owned by Tracy and Sue Barton.

Good Luck my boy...your momma's pulling for ya!!!!

Matt marked a 206 (lost a cow) ended up 9th out of 12. Unfortunately, no scholarship money! But in true Matt fashion he is making it into a party!!!

1 comment:

Relyn Lawson said...

Thinking of you today. Just that. Thinking of you.