Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Decisions Bring Joyous Relief

Today I called Donna. Donna is F's friend (and mine) who started the going after our doctorate journey. I wanted to take a semester off! I deserve a semester off! Donna talked me out of it. Somehow making a decision has brought some peace and joy to my existance today. Donna said I didn't need a semester off, I'd already taken one! So I'm buckling down and Donna suggested that I even take weekends away alone to write.
I've been at a conference on service learning for the past two days. My brain is full to overload at present! However, I was home when Gabe got home from school, so we played a couple of games of bowling on the Wii. LOVE IT!!!!
Also, since I was home before dark I made PW's new recipe steak bites.
It turned out pretty good! PW used it as an appetizer. It was our meal, but would be fun for get togethers.

I followed that up with a pecan pie. That I literally threw together! I was even out of vanilla extract and made everyone eat the pie with vanilla ice cream. I haven't heard any complaints!


Confession...I wish I had enjoyed life more! I wish that when the boys were little, I had savored every moment instead of focusing on the struggle to make it on one income. I wish Dan had enjoyed it more too. Dan has enjoyed Gabe of late and the two of them need this time together. Things are as they are meant to be!

The science fair project is still under construction. This is the Howe Truss


This is the K Truss. Gabe still has the Pratt Truss to put together. Then the actual experiment.

No comments: