Wednesday, December 17, 2008

On the 8th day before Christmas

It is 61 degrees in Georgia and pushing on up towards 70 today. I woke up hot and I'm scrambling for light weight clothes to wear to work. My kids yesterday even agreed that my room was a sauna!

The in-laws are here all snug in their bed. They've done lots of little projects. Last night we were all up late shelling pecans so I could make banana nut bread for the janitors.

Report Cards must be ready by tomorrow. Tonight I must make more chex mix for the retirement party on Thursday.

Has anyone noticed that PW has posted molasses cookies on her site. I'm so making those!

Part 2

The day progressed with much eventfulness! My lesson today centered around analyzing the difference between the written text and its movie version. We do this in our Chris VanAllsburg author study. Should of been simple enough! Only the new school is full of new technology. So I use the SmartBoard to watch a movie, only their was no sound. Apparently when we moved we only came with two old fashioned prehistoric television sets! So then I ended up having to try to show an hour and a half movie in one hour after lunch....it didn't work! So my day was totally over.

Then in the process I get chewed out because a certain girl in F's room was making the librarian and staff crazy. I listened and said, "Well, we have 25 more who act just like her, it is tough." Then got yelled at when office personnel said, "We are looking for a fifth grade teacher." I replied, "Well there are 3 others teaching the same grade." Their response was, "Well excuse us for speaking to you at all!" GROW UP!

Then if life wasn't going smooth, CJ and DB got into it. CJ got two days suspension and DB got nothing, because he has paperwork saying he is certifiable? WHAT!!!!!!! Inclusion is good for some, but we have several who need to be resourced this year. So it makes for a long difficult day for the rest of us.

Came home and everyone was gone. They called to get me to start cooking. CW called and may be sending money from Daddy for the two remaining boys a special gift. Note the money is not here yet! And hopefully, I don't have to add to it!!!!

2 comments:

Monkey said...

Ooh sounds like the office staff had one of their classic wonderfully sweet moments today! They make me want to puke. At least with CJ gone, you will have a little more peace and quiet than if he was here. I'm kind of over how we all have tried to help him along but he's only nice to us when he's using us for something, then he'll turn around and do the very thing he knows he's not supposed to do...I feel like he's of the age and maturity that he KNOWS what he's doing and knows that his path in life is based on his own choices. Sorry you had a relatively crap day. :(

Relyn Lawson said...

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog. I am so glad to meet another teacher. I taught fourth grade for seven years. This my first teaching second. I always thought I would go up instead of down, but I find I really love working with these little guys. Take care. We're almost to our well-deserved break. Merry Christmas!