Sunday, November 16, 2008

Training Union

At training union tonight, I realized that tomorrow will be a difficult day for me. However, I need to be the bigger person in this. For whatever reasons God has allowed this to happen, and I must look for His purpose in all of this.

It is a struggle, the human side of me says that after the comment was made by the other educator present, that I now have no clout whatsoever. The paras won on this one, and who said there isn't power in numbers. But I can't let my mind go there. I am just so sad.

Tomorrow I am going to get up and pray hard before work. That God would help me walk in uprightness. Because truthfully ya'll, I didn't do anything wrong in this situation. I've searched my heart. I do let them get louder than some other teachers might. But literature leads itself to discussion if done correctly, or so I thought. When I model they are talking to me and giving suggestions. So they are loud. They may even be disrespectful, but they aren't to me.

Please pray hard. I'm going for the full armour of God. Two little old ladies in Dan's Training Union Class, CB and BB are going to pray at 7:00 that God will double dip me! I hope He hears and gives me all I need to be gracious and kind to those who have attacted my classroom management ability.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear Lynne

I am so sorry that you are going through so much. Here you and Dan are having such a wonderful blessing moving into a new place. Whoever the people are who are talking about you should be ashamed of themselves. Tears help get your sadness out but remember that the only important thing is if you know you did nothing wrong then that is all that matters. You and God know what went really went down and to heck with everybody else. HAve a good cry, get it out and then think how you can be nice to those who are persecuting you. I know that sounds lame but it will put you in a better mood because you are being God's own, doing the work of the Lord. Perhaps these people have something going on in their lives and feel that by finding something wrong with the way you do things it will make them feel so much better. We never know why people do the mean things they do but most of the time it is becasue they are hurting themselves. Has nothing in the world to do with you. Praying for them is the best thing.Being nice to them is the second.Like Jesus said" Being nice to enemies is like heaping coals on their heads." Plus we were told by Jesus to love others as ourselves so we must try to love them in spite of their meanness or untruthfullness. I pray that all will go good for you tomorrow and that you can have the peace that passes all understanding in this adversity. I also pray that all will be well with Dan's skin cancer. Ya'll are in my prayers.

Take care and God bless, Lucy Ogletree