Thursday, November 27, 2008

Reasons to be Thankful Part 4

1. That I am recommitted to the doctoral process. (I really have wanted to put this away for awhile now. Too many things have tugged at my mind.)
2. That we are healthy!
3. I'm thankful that I grew up with a loving family...that in the short time we were all together instilled in me the meaning of Family. (My mother has been gone 31 years and my Grandmother 25.)
4. I'm thankful that when my mother and grandmother could have trashed Linda Lou for having an affair with my Daddy and him leaving, but they didn't. Who knew that when they refused to say an unkind word about either of them that they gave me the greater gift. I've treasured being close to Linda for 30 years.
5. I'm thankful that the doctors at MD Anderson are not ready to give up on Linda and still have one more treatment that they can try if the current one fails.
6. I am thankful for my church. Since I was a small child church has been a cornerstone of my life and I'm thankful that God has always helped us find good churches.
7. I'm thankful for Pastor Lane. He has had to grow up fast. Who knew that two years ago when our then pastor split the church, that Lane could rise to the occassion. I'm thankful for the fact that he is back in seminary working on a doctorate and learning how to be a solid Bible teacher.
8. I'm thankful for Brenda and Charlie, they have been our spiritual parents and such a blessing to us.
9. I'm thankful for friends that love me even when I am unlovable.
10. I'm thankful that God has saved my family and my friends and that we will have eternity together.

1 comment:

Jane said...

I've enjoyed your Thankful posts and they've caused me to reflex on my own blessings.
Have a great Thanksgiving day!
~jane