Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Ranting and Raving

I'm raving about the goodness of God! Today, I got the biopsy back and there is no cancer, so that's not the problem. Dan sold a horse and we can put the money back to use for house expenses as needed. Things are moving forward for the business to end on Friday. They are also moving forward on the house. Our bid was accepted (now we are praying about the original loan still working).

I'm ranting about professional football players. It is hard to handle all the hype over someone who makes millions per year breaking their finger. Cowboy up!! I go to work everyday with a back that feels like it is breaking and don't make near that amount of money. Also, what's with letting all the lowlife like Pacman Jones play ball. Did we not learn a lesson with Odell Thurman? Money doesn't make you a respectable person, but when you are a professional athlete who has millions of young boys looking up to you have a duty. I once heard Carl Malone say young players didn't have any business doing the stuff they do today! NFL owners need to take a play from Stoopes playbook. If you compromise your integrity--your out. WE WILL MAKE DO WITHOUT YOU!

Now I will go put up the soapbox!

1 comment:

K2daK said...

Yeah, I hate it when you see all those terrible stories about sports people screwing up and you hear the kids talking about it. I feel the same about stars too.

Our God is an awesome God, he reigns from Heaven above, With wisdom and love, Our God is an awesome God! I am so happy that things are on a more positive note for everyone! :)