Friday, October 31, 2008

At times Life is STRANGE

We didn't close on the house today. I'm told this happens 90% of the time. So I'm bummed about that. Then last week Dan and I went to get a place removed from under his eye. It was like a skin tag. Nothing big, even the doctor agreed. Well, yesterday they called to say it is cancerous. So now we are looking at outpatient surgery on Dec. 12. At this point it is categorized as a form of skin cancer. Now they will go in and take off the skin a layer at a time, until they get it all. A plastic surgeon is on standby in case they need a skin graph. Talk about a shock.

On a happier note all my paper work for my T-6 went to central office today. So hopefully within the next few weeks I will be paid as a T-6. Thank you Jesus!!!

Also, Dan and I have decided not to go overboard on decorating the new house, we will get by with what we have. However, I refuse to move the ratty couch, so you may need to bring lawn chairs to visit!

2 comments:

Monkey said...

It will totally all work out for the best--sooner or later and I'll be pulling for you that it's sooner! I hope all goes well with Dan and that it's all as painless as possible. I agree with you guys not going overboard on house stuff---pretty much if your furniture is good enough for where you live now, then it's good for the new house too--and you can get a little as you go. I think it's crazy when people buy all new stuff for a new house---unless ALL the decor involves cinder blocks! :)

Jill said...

Sorry about the house not closing and the news about Dan's eye. I am with you on decorating a house. We had somethings, but not much, when we moved into our current house and we've just added a little at a time. I think it works out better that way in the long run.