Sunday, September 28, 2008

In the Hands of God

I could of easily taken Jonathan Edwards title, "Sinners in the hands of an angry God", but while we are sinners saved by grace, God is not angry. Today, I wanted to write, but instead went to Sunday School in support of Dan. His class was full! He taught one of the best lessons ever out of Deuteronomy 6.

This morning was the first time I've seen him since our decision to close the business the second week in October (this is when the cows leave.) He actually looks relieved. Of course there is the worry of how we are going to pay off the business bills. This wouldn't be a problem if a couple of horses would sell, and there is the little problem of how we will make it till he finds some work. But all in all, relief is the feeling of the moment. Today just looks brighter and happier.

Last night I finished up all my postings for this last class, and today I am working on my last paper. My plan is to spend break re-doing Assignment 1 and then working on the dissertation. (I wanted to go see Drew but nows not a good time.) By the end of that week I should have the paperwork moving forward and hopefully by December see the pay raise.

Just keep praying...God is in control. We would like to close the door owing no one any money. That will only happen if God allows a horse to sale. Also, Dan needs a job. I would like to see him start back to school and finish his degree, but we shall see.

1 comment:

Monkey said...

Serious changes on the horizon. Wow. I'm really glad that Dan feels relief and I KNOW you feel better already just knowing that something good will have to come from this. It will definitely start to look up, I'm sure!