Saturday, August 9, 2008

My Class


I had to share this photo of 1/3 of my class wearing plaid. Monkey took it when they came to art. I am totally excited about this group! They rock!!!! One of the boys in this class is autistic. I was so happy that he got in the photo. We've had a rough day this week, but he is getting better and tries so hard to fit in. I wish we lived in a world where everyone could just be themselves.

One of my favorite students has had an extremely rough life. If you look closely there are knife scars on his face. He struggles, but boy do I love him. Every morning he is greated with a big hug and I am greated with a big smile. I know we will have rough days, but for now all is well. He even was upset he missed Friday!

On Monday, I had a student who didn't know her address, the bus driver was doggin' me and she was about in tears. A couple of days later, her grandmother sent me a letter explaining that her Daddy had just died; and the little girl and her mom had moved in with Grandma. My heart broke for her. She is so quite and shy, but by the end of the week we were smiling.

Thank you Jesus for this class. They may be exactly what I need this year. I pray that they will grow in knowledge and acceptance of others. Let me be a light of your love to them. AMEN

7 comments:

Sarah B. B. said...

You have got to send me your roll! This looks a lot like my class from 3 years ago! They were SUCH a sweet bunch, and the two behavior problems were very sweet, they just couldn't handle things like, you know, sitting and walking. :) I will absolutely have to come & visit.

Sarah B. B. said...

In fact, I'll come teach a social studies lesson if you want...

Lennye said...

We could fit it in during reading or writing! I'm game!! They are the best. I have them from 8:00-10:45, when they come back at the end of the day, I am so happy to see them.

Monkey said...

There are a lot from your class in there Sarah. This is my favorite 5th grade class!

Monkey said...

I might have to get you Lennye for STEALING a photo from my blog! Sarah, there's a story about cutie Seth on my blog along with this pic!

K2daK said...

Hey Monkey she gave you credit! HA!

We share a family LH I have the brother to your autistic child. I noticed the other day he wasn't in the car when mom dropped off my kid and I said hey where is brother he is sick? She said no he is at ____ Elem. this year. I said who is his teacher, she said you and I said that was an awesome choice, I said you won't be disappointed, she is a great teacher and she will love your son just like her own.

I hope you have a most awesome school year!

Anonymous said...

shame, if only you said this about my class mom!!!!!!!!!!