Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Dreams

I think dreams are good for people! Actually, we do not dream enough! I want to dream happy dreams. I dream of a time when there is no more worries! When I can live in the moment and love every minute.

But more than anything else, I want to become the writing teacher of my dreams. I have read so many cool things. I want to do them all, I want to help my students find their memories and leave me with a desire to record those memories yet to occur.

Truthfully, my days are so busy I have little time to dream. When I have a down moment it is filled with worry. So here is to dreams, may you dream big, and may all your dreams come true.

So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable. -Christopher Reeves

1 comment:

Monkey said...

To quote the great John Lennon, "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." :) Big, fun things aren't always going to happen to us because we aren't rich, don't have all the time in the world and work our tails off everyday...so we've got to find some awesomeness in the cheaper, everyday moments for now. Your students love you, so even if they don't become great novelists in a year, you've done something others could only dream of having accomplished. I'm thinking the relationships/bonds we form with the children are WAY more important because that is what they will remember later on from school---I don't remember any academics from my fifth grade year, but I can tell you how my teachers were and how they acted and how that affected me. And I remember the ones that stood out for doing something out of the box and I cherish those memories from school more than any academics I gathered.