Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Work, Work, Work...All Day Long

Summer should be a time of relaxation and doing absolutely...nothing. However, if you teach that is never the case. It started off small...working two days with team to plan for the next school year. Then I got nominated by default to work on a county project that was suppose to be no big deal. Suppose to be, would be the key phrase. Turns out that since they had an ELA person present I could just do the whole project. No big deal I enjoyed it (the only thing I don't enjoy is they will change their mind and want something else in a few weeks). Then next week I go stay in Atlanta and work on item reviews for the CRCT.

Now while I want to sit around and do nothing except find a cure for my back pain (foot pain). We need the money! I do get extra pay for everything that I'm doing at this point. So that is a good thing!!! It's just that I want!!!!! Isn't that always the problem...we want. I want new things, new furniture, and the list could go on and on. But that is not where I am at this point in life. God has other plans for me right now. My job right now is to be open to Him and his leading.

Yesterday, we heard that the insurance companies were going to settle the lawsuit and it we would not be going to court. That was a burden lifted. (Thank you to everyone who is praying...don't stop.) But instead of rejoicing in the moment, I immediately started worrying about what were we going to do about Dan and a job. I know that Dan is a Godly man, but sometimes I wonder what he is thinking! Only God knows the future, (He also is bigger than the economy) and only God can lead Dan in the direction he should go. Still I question, why us, why does it appear that you are leaving us here, what is it you want us to do? But at present God isn't showing us a direction.

Yet, his word provides comfort.
1 Peter 5:7 Let Him have all your worries and cares, for He is always thinking about you and watching everything that concerns you.

Philippians 4:6-7 Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything; tell God your needs, and don't forget to thank Him for His answers. If you do this, you will experience God's peace, which is far more wonderful than the human mind can understand. His peace will keep your thoughts and your hearts quiet and at rest as you trust in Christ.

So my job is to rest in Him who knows the future and get back to work on qualitative research.

Today, if your world is rockin' along without a hitch. Praise God. And if your world is full of trouble, uncertainty, and doubt. Praise God anyway...the answers are on the way.

2 comments:

Sarah B. B. said...

The right thing will happen for Dan, and until then, you just sign up for every paying committee you can. Face it - if you're going to have to use the stuff, you might as well write it yourself! :)

Lennye said...

So true! What I did the other day will be extremely useful to me, and that makes my job easier!