Sunday, June 29, 2008

One great thing about living at Jackson is the nature. We have two state parks within a few miles of the house and a nature center. On Sunday our church had its annual July 4th picnic at the High Falls State Park. It is a beautiful park with lots of charm.

When you add that to a church social with all kinds of food, it is near perfect. I like the people at our church, so getting together to visit is always a treat. Except tonight, a thunderstorm blew in and everyone had to pretty much stay in the shelter. Unfortunately the noise levels in the shelter kept visiting at a minimal! Still there was the beautiful scenery and the wonderful food.

Leaving the park I couldn't help but remember all times our family had enjoyed time at the parks. We've lived here for 11 1/2 years now, our boys were small when we came, Drew was 12, Matt was 7, and Gabe was barely 1. We've experienced lots of family time (picnics, birthday parties, and swimming lessons), practically in our back yard.

Gabe must of had the same feeling I had, because as we left the park he said, "We don't need a vacation we can just come down here and look at nature." Got to love that kid!

My favorite park memory has to do with the first year we lived here. Indian Springs had an Old Fashioned Christmas Candlelight tour. It was so beautiful that night. A local business woman is working to revive the park area.

I hope you have a park that you love to visit.

4 comments:

Jane said...

What a beautiful park you have to visit. Your son's comment is right on!
I don't know exactly what is going on in your life right now as I am a new reader to your blog, but I wanted you to know that I"ll say a prayer for you tonight.
~jane

Anonymous said...

That is a beautiful scene. We do have some small parks near us, but nothing on the scale of the one you depict. I love that nature is so beautiful and engaging.
Kevin

Monkey said...

Very nice! This will be another one of my photog locations! :)

K2daK said...

I love going to those places you mentioned, I like living close to things we can go do on the days we have nothing to do. My favorite time of year to visit has to be fall, I love the smells & sights. Good blog entry!