Saturday, July 26, 2008

The Fog Is Lifting! (Kinda)

It all started with this magnet. One way says "Your Life" and the other says "No Longer an Option". I like it alot! It applies!
Then I had to post for a class on the impact of my research on social change. I love this quote on the power of writing, "Writing has helped transform the world. Revolutions have been started by it. Oppression has been toppled by it. And it has enlightened the human condition." (from The Neglected "R") Doesn't that give you chills? It does me. I have the unique opportunity of spending 180 days with 110+ 5th graders. Maybe my impact will be small, but just perhaps there is another Martin Luther, Rachel Carson, John Gresham, or Peggy Noonan sitting in there learning something that might change their world and ours. So today it is good. There may still be no money. The job market may appear bleak; but the sun will come up tomorrow and we all love each other and we have food, so things will be okay. I will start writing again! The boys will have clothes, my room will be ready, and all will be well!
Plus, in November I should see a nice little pay bump since I will have finished my course work and officially be known as ABD (all but dissertation).

1 comment:

K2daK said...

What a random comment-is that blog real? I am not going to it! :)

I like that magnet-it is a good reminder. I have to be honest sometimes I read your blog and say, how does she manage to laugh and smile, but then I think about all the stuff you have shared and I think that even though right now seems like a lot, you've been through much, much more and this stuff will all pass. I have been praying for Dan and for you. I know you have had an impact of each child you have taught the 110+ coming up are lucky to have you!