Friday, June 20, 2008

UUUGGGHHH!

Let me be the first to admit that my first two weeks of summer break have not been my most productive. I've basically done NOTHING! I've read a book, played on the blog, made cakes to deliver to people, and gone to therapy. But all that ends today, I have to work today and next Friday. Just saying the words this morning is giving me hives and here's why.

Seems that everyone(second grade) knew to keep out their Teacher's Editions of all books. Funny I never heard that. Okay I know your thinking well that's not surprising that LH didn't know, but FR didn't know either. See I might have been thinking of Chapter 1, in so much pain with my foot that I missed a conversation, or been busy making sure closets and my room were packed up and ready to go, but not F. But here is the part that gets me, no one in charge can possibly believe they didn't say it. There will be no admission, by anyone in charge, that 5th grade was left out of the loop on this memorandum. So I have hives this morning! I have no books!!! They are packed in boxes (which I was suppose to be unloading next week, now try next month), locked in a storage container.

Matt and Dan left EARLY (4:30am) this morning to attend orientation at ABAC. I hope they get everything settled. One thing about Berry is that they took you by the hand and lead you through each step of the process (of course at $25,000 per year you wouldn't expect anything less). ABAC just has kinda let us do our best. If Matt tried to set up a meeting, they said don't worry.

So that is how I am approaching today. No books - don't worry. No class list - don't worry. Being told how to act professional, at the same time knowing that my professional opinion is worth nothing - don't worry. So I'm going to take my lovely self, a Diet Dr. Pepper, a pen, and a happy attitude! Hey, I will get to eat lunch out today!

3 comments:

Monkey said...

ooh...can't wait to hear how this day goes! I found out from Mandy that team leader meetings are on TWO days in July...maybe you should be glad you haven't been blessed with it...I'm thinking UGH, TWO DAYS I have to be there, plus the days where we are moving in. Yuck.

Anonymous said...

okay...I truly did get hives Friday night. Big red bumps everywhere but did not last too long. I ate at Ben's Friday night but had a burger and fries. I thought the meeting (gatherng) went as well as could be expected. Thanks for coming by the school yesterday - the kids really were excited to see you!

Freda

K2daK said...

Oh the worry free life style. :) Productivity is so overated anyway! The good thing about work is it will be there when you are ready for it.