Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Old Dogs Need New Music

Okay, you guys know I'm a George Strait/Allen Jackson Type girl. However, there are days when I go over to Bonnie Raitt. (Who I think is the greatest!) Well tonight I cruised over to two writing teachers and Stacy had put up a video of Natalie Merchant. Never heard of her!

You may be asking at this point, "L, why haven't your music savvy younger friends told you about this incredible singer?" Good Question, so I went to youtube and looked her up. I liked everthing I heard, so now I've added her to the playlist. Check it out! She reminds me of Carole King, Carly Simon, and Bonnie Raitt all rolled into one!

3 comments:

Monkey said...

Hey! Yeah my generation know all about Natalie Merchant...never would have thought you'd be interested! :)

Sarah B. B. said...

DUDE - remember when I left the window down & my car got rifled through? Natalie Merchant was what they DIDN'T take, but she was still part of a band called 10,000 Maniacs. ;)

Lennye said...

This just proves that ATL thieves may not be the smartest criminals in the hood! After hearing her I'm like get a bottle of wine!