Monday, May 5, 2008

It took a long time to get to this day



About 26 years ago I turned down a chance to go to the IRA conference with a rep from Scotts Foresman. Since then I've wanted to go. Today was a surreal moment for me. First, I was alone in a vast sea of people. Then Sarah appeared! Second, the shear magnitude of trying to maneuvur around that many people was strange. Third, how do you pick a section to attend? Well I managed for Day 1. I am home and planning Day 2.
I was in the same room with Jamie Lee Curtis. She is full of energy and lots of fun to listen to.
I can't imagine what tomorrow holds, but I know it will be great. I do know that I would love nothing more than to be on the speaking tour and lead conference sessions, telling people what works in a classroom. Now if I could just figure out what works in a classroom!

2 comments:

Monkey said...

I love Jamie Lee Curtis! You are so lucky!! She's so full of energy and so positive! She speaks so intelligently and seems so pleasant. Lucky you...some of us will never get that kind of opportunity.

K2daK said...

ENJOY IT!!