Monday, April 7, 2008

The Remodelng Continues

First, let me say I should be ashamed. You wouldn't have believed the amount of dust in that room and under the bed. My grandmother moved her bed once a month and mopped till she was 80, then she went to twice a year. How many of you move your furniture at least once a month and clean? I don't!!!!!

Anyway, the main paint color is on the wall. We are doing the trim when the man returns! I have ordered a neutral slipcover for the overstuffed chair in the Living Room that is going to the bedroom. Now I need an ottoman. I would like to find a cheap one, if possible. Anyway, yesterday was free shipping at my favorite online store Overstock.com if you don't shop here you should. Anyway the slipcover was 75% off and looked like a good alternative. Then when I pictured it with the blue tiffany lamp...all was well with the world. (The lamp was also considerably cheaper than in stores).

The only glimmer of sadness I'm experiencing at the moment is that the color that was suppose to be a light slivery gray is more of a light/light blue, but it is growing on me. I of course now need a white beadboard type headboard.

The best part is the paintings for the wall are mostly from the G-man. Yes, even his attempt at Van Gogh in the fourth grade has a bit of blue in it. The tucan picture was Dan's all time favorite and fits well in my room. I do have to take back the hearts and get another mat, I've never liked the way it was framed. Then there is the picture from when he was five. Monkey should try this one with the little folks for a mother's day gift.

I also today have renewed my relationship with Dr. Liz. I am so tired of hurting and feeling horrible!

Pictures will be posted as soon as the job is done.

1 comment:

Monkey said...

Ooohhh, I LOVE remodeling! Can't wait to see pictures, make sure they are good quality! :)