Monday, March 3, 2008

The Ups and the Downs

Downs
You know your life is sad when Pioneer Woman's Lodge looks better than your house. (and she feels that it needed remodeling) Yes, I know Pioneer Woman's financial situation looks better than mine on her bleakest days! Oh yeah! I don't OWN a house.

Also, that on the day you are closest to having a complete mental breakdown, [chest tightening, crying, depressed] your principal comes to do your observation!

Ups
Your 11 year old looks at you and says, "I'm glad you exist."
Your 18 year old says, "Mom, let me show you how to make a playlist for your blogspot."
Your 22 year old calls and says, "What you doing?"
Your friend looks at you in the midst of your breakdown and says, "You've got three great kids." (she's right)

3 comments:

Sarah B. B. said...

I cannot believe you have a playlist! Matt is awesome. :) And, you are awesome as a person, a teacher, & most definitely a mom. By the way, that comment was SO Gabe. He's still my favorite. *love* I'm sure your observation went fine, by the way. Congrats on that supercute nephew. When do you get to meet him? There's plenty of time to drive out that way over spring break... ;)

Monkey said...

DIGGIN' the Playlist! How cool is that?! YOU ROCK! It was fun to make wasn't it?! :) Ok so Gabe is Sarah's favorite...Matt is mine--I love that funny little sense of humor he has and OF COURSE his artsy side! :)

Monkey said...

WHOA NOW!! Why isn't your boyfriend anywhere on your playlist?! I checked and he is nowhere to be found. I think you just officially broke up! I just know he's heartbroken.