Saturday, March 15, 2008

Tagged by Sarah

Share six non-important things/habits/quirks about yourself
1. I've had my picture made with Michael Landon, Rex Allen, and Johnny Crawford. They sit on the buffet.
2. I was a Rainbow Girl. That's right went all the way to the top. Even was a page to the state Grand Treasurer (a very big deal).
3. At 14, my mom took Brenda, Deanna, and me to see ZZ Top in concert in Oklahoma City. Actually, she dropped us off at the door and came back and got us!
4. I have a Great-Great-Great Uncle who was shot in the butt by Lawman Buck Garrett while he was "diddlin" Garrett's wife. (This was according to my Grandmother.)
5. When I was 14, Lanea and I went to St. Louis, Missouri (our moms too). We stayed downtown by Bush Stadium at a fancy motel. I had on a dress and was walking down the steps into the lobby, when I tripped. I rolled all the way down the steps and landed with my feet in front of me and my dress down.
6. Lanea is 3 years older than I am and used to iron my hair on an ironing board to straighten it. She never burnt my hair, but this could explain my brain issues right now.
Please note that both of the 14 year old incidents happened before my mom got sick, maybe that's why they stick out in my mind!

2 comments:

Sarah B. B. said...

Wow. I really can't compete with your stories - of course, we already knew that. ;) None of my great-uncles was that interesting, but remind me sometime to tell you the story of the one who died of the "flu" - or so my mom thought until she was well over 40. :)

Monkey said...

Man, number five is rough...one of those things that probably was so horrible during,but now you can look back and laugh!