Wednesday, February 13, 2008

What Makes A Great Teacher!

As you know my world has been in a tail-spin since it occurred to me that the 5th grade writing test date had been moved to March 5th. So this week in a mad dash to review strategies and types of writing this week we have concentrated on Expository writing. Here are some samples:

To me being a great teacher is easy. Just three simple qualities please me.
First, if a teacher is nice to me and cares about me, I will do the same back. For example, if I listen in class and try my hardest on a test a teacher shouldn't get mad at me.
Another quality I like about teachers is if they like teaching and know what they are talking about. Teachers shouldn't have to look in text books for the answers they should know it by heart.
My last quality that makes a special teacher special is the way they look at you when you tell her something or asks something. A special teacher should listen to you and understand what you mean.
All of these qualitis that I described makes a teacher special to me.

The next entry I don't think likes my class very well! See what you think
Have you ever had a spcial teacher? I have. There are an abundance of qualities one must have to be a good teacher.
One quality is sterness. If you are not stern, your students will run wild and get hurt. One also must be kind. If you ar not kind, your students will disrespect you.
Another quality of a good teacher is giving homeowrk. If one does not five homework, your students will forget the lesson and you will have to reteach it. Hence, wasting a day which will cause you to fall behind. Hence, causing trouble with your plans.
The last and probably most important quality is organizaiton. If one isn't organized you will lose things, which causes trouble. Such as a waste of time looking for something.
In my opinion, these are the qualities of a good teacher. You may disagree with some of them. You may even think I left some out, that's ok.

SBB stills has a following. Her mini-me wrote this entry:
Have you ever had a teacher in your life that was special to you? I have, she was my second grade teacher.
First of all, my second grade teacher was my favorite teacher becasue she was like my second mother. I wish she was in my family, that would be so cool!
Second, my second grade teacher was my favorite teacher because she taught me a lot of things. Not just about subjects in school, but about life, and how to live up to what you want to do with your life.
Another reason why my second grade teacher was special to me is she was someone I could look up to and talk to. She helped me out and made sure I understood.
Finally, my second grade teacher cheered me up and she was proud of me. So now I better behave because one of my fifth grade teachers talks to her and can call at the click of a button.
So do you have your favorite teacher in your life that is special to you. If not hopefully you will get one.

Now this is my blog, so her goes my favorite of the day!

Do you have a special teacher? I do. She is special because she is funny, not mean, and she protects people. (I do remind you of superwoman don't I?)
She is funny by telling us funny stories in her life. Also, by making up funny stories. That is why I think she is funny. (Well I was voted class clown in my senior superlatives!)
Is she mean? No. First, she is one of the sweetest teachers I have ever seen. NExt, she is one of the most generous teachers I have ever seen in my life. Finally, she is the nicest teacher and person. (Who is this young one who sees the real me?)
Does she protect people? Yes. When somebody tries to fight me she comes over there and breaks it up. That is why I love her. (Give me a minute to straighten my halo!)
That is why she is my most favorite special teacher. Everyone should always have a favorite teacher. You should remember them forever.

Guess who got an A! Actually when he gave it to me, I wanted to cry. I looked at him and it was like he had written the greatest love sonnet ever written. Folks, I wish everyday was that special.

Happy Valentines Day!



No comments: