Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Grand-dog




Yes, we have a grand-dog. Lily was brought to the clinic to be euthanized. The vet Drew works for would have none of it! He said Lily was curable and it was a relatively cheap treatment.



So my animal loving son and his bride feel in love with Lily. Perhaps it was the way she followed him around when he fed animals on the weekend, or that innocent look. Which ever it is, Lily is now one of the Hestad family. We've never had any type of dog besides a border collie, so this is new. Lily is funny, she hiccups after she drinks and follows her new masters around where ever they go! She also is the most adorable thing at the clinic, so she goes to work with Drew everyday!

3 comments:

Monkey said...

Congratulations grandma! :) What a sweet baby girl! You know this blog post and story win me over! It's ironic really because I'm reading a book called "Woman's best friend" about women writers and their stories of love and lost with their dogs...I've cried at every story so far!! I love the book and the stories, the things dogs teach us about love and life are priceless. Now that you have a grand-dog you just have to read the book too!

Monkey said...

ps. those people that wanted to get rid of her or euthanize her because of a curable illness...they need to rot in hell. :) See how I say that with a smile?! :O

K2daK said...

Congratulations!! I want to see what she looks like all better, I bet she will be SO cute!