Thursday, January 3, 2008

Check this out

I was surfing the blog world the other day and came across this spot

http://reddirtramblings.com/

The woman takes great pictures, be sure and scroll down till you find the snow angel picture. I love it. I'm not a gardener by any stretch of the imagination, but she does take great pictures.

Which brings me to my next point. You've got to check out a Caldecott award winning book called, Snowflake Bentley. I'm in love with this book. It is a must have!

Today we went over figurative language words that they will be required to know. Then I introduced an upcoming project, "A Multi-genre Writing Project", one of the kids looks at me and says are we learning French this year? (Sarah, is genre a French word?)

4 comments:

The Diva said...

Lennye, Thanks for linking to my blog. I'm glad you like my pics. Happy New Year.

Sarah B. B. said...

Genre is, indeed, French. It means "type," which is exactly what you think it should mean, which is a nice change of pace from most French words. Because although "foie gras" sounds lovely (& tastes even better), it actually means "fatty liver."
:) I *heart* Snowflake Bentley, as well, by the way.

Lennye said...

Sarah, the group will be pleased to know. They learned the words assonance, hyperbole, and genre all in one day.

Anonymous said...

crosshair vehicle psrpthe autumn yashwant entod methadone detroit darlington sustains utensils
lolikneri havaqatsu