Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Christmas at the Hestad's

Merry Christmas from the Hestad's, celebrating holidays together now for 24 years! Here are a few of my favorite things.

The star is a recent find. I like the fact that it has the folksy art feel to it. However, it had days this year when it wanted to be a falling star. Dan finally had to wire it.
This is the first ornament Dan ever bought me. It is dated 1983 and has a boy and girl ice skating on it. That year it snowed and iced in Oklahoma for Christmas. We stayed up until the wee hours of the morning and then he left to go be with his parents in Minnesota. When I came home from work the ornament was on my porch. When Dan came back he proposed.
We got this the next year, I was pregnant with Drew. These are two pillows I have added over the years. The one on the left if a letter Gabe wrote to Santa in first grade. The one on the right is a dirty Santa gift. (Back when Dirty Santa was played right!)
This is the snowman table. (Notice the "It's A Wonderful Life" sign in the background.) Most of these came from my students through the years.When Drew was little, Glenabel Hayes (Denitia's mom) made this for us. Drew's used it, Matt has enjoyed and Gabe wanted it out again this year.



The card holder was also from the Colorado days and then we have some Santas.This year I added a very cool 1910 magazine cover to the decorations. I've carried it around with me since Pennsylvannia.

The fondue party has grown as the family has grown. (If you wonder where I spend the majority of my Christmas money it is on this night!) Drew is pouring Sparking Peach Cider!



We ended up moving two of the boys to the mini-island. The buffet had to be cleared of pictures and we had to use it for a real buffet. This picture refuses to be cut, so this was where Matt and Gabe ended up, don't ask me why they have no heads!

No matter how tired I get from all the festivities, I try to remember that this is what has made my life wonderful.


2 comments:

Monkey said...

Fun pictures! Very nice food spread you got going there! Glad you guys had a fun day! :)

K2daK said...

Seriously when are you going to cook for all of us? You gotta quit posting all this yummy stuff! :) Looks like a lot of fun! We had a good Christmas at my parent's house too. We were talking about the future and pretty soon we will probably be hosting boyfriends at their house on Christmas (my sister has 3 girls). I thought about you, you are going through a year of firsts with your new daughter in law, this is the first Christmas that you have a daughter in law. :)