Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Happy Birthday to Me!!

Several blogs have been doing the 10-20-30 years ago thing. So in honor of me--here goes.



Ten years ago--we were in the process of moving to Jackson. At the time we were living in lovely Unadilla, Georgia.



Twenty years ago--In May of that year we took almost 2 year old Drew and moved to Colorado. It snowed the day we moved in. The area was beautiful. I learned that in the Rocky Mountains you best keep a coat handy even in the winter.



Thirty years ago--I was a freshman in college. I lived at home and commuted to school in Tishomingo, Oklahoma. Brenda had left to go to East Central in Ada. We would meet at her house every Friday afternoon and eat bananna cream pie that her mom would make. It would be fresh out of the oven, with merange'. Wonder if that is why the two of us go crazy for Coconut and Chocolate pie from Hamburger Inn.



On an interesting note, I have now been married to Dan for half of my life. Never again will it be half my life--just this year. After this, I will have been married to him for most of my life.



As I reflect today, there are many times I wish it had been easier. I wish my mom had never gotten sick and that she would have helped me with the boys. I wish my grandmother could have lived longer and known Drew. I wished life hadn't been so full of pain and been blessed with more joy. I wished I'd of handled the painful times better. I sometimes wish, we still lived in Oklahoma. It is at those wishful times that Dan reminds me I would have missed an awful lot if I had stayed in Oklahoma: Freda, Nanci, Gunter, Sarah, Dianne, Robin, Penny, Denitia, Sandy, Bob and Glennabel, Earl, and so many more.

2 comments:

Sarah B. B. said...

What a neat thing to do - somehow I missed that y'all lived in Unadilla. Wow. That's special. :) Happy, happy birthday... Wish I could come celebrate at the Mexican place on the square... ;)

Monkey said...

Ooh...I can't wait to do the 10-20-30 thing on my blog...LOL! Won't be much to say for 30 years ago! :) haha! Unadilla huh?! My mom and aunts won't drive the interstate really---so when they would come visit me in Valdosta, they'd go the back way and their favorite place to stop is the Dairy Queen in Unadilla. Crummy bathrooms, but great ice cream.
Happy Birthday, I hope you like some/most of the songs on the "eclectic" cds.