Friday, September 21, 2007

Ramblings!

I know you all are looking for something a little lighter from me. Trust me when I say there isn't a light moment in my world. But in an effort not to air all my dirty laundry, I'll keep it on the lightside today.

Yeah, we have a half day of school today. Booo! I have my class all day and need all 100 babies to read Chapter 14 in the Charlie book.

Forget my personal struggles at the moment--we still haven't heard anything. My work issues are making me physically sick. I need to talk them out, without having someone tell me how personally wonderful they are. Yesterday, I went over old SST folders that aren't worth the paper they are written on at this moment. Dear Jesus--HELP!!!!! I read one SBB was the last to comment on. I was mad all day. SBB called it in 2nd grade and nothing has ever been done. NH spends quality time with my group when FR has them for math, and she too is shocked. I can't believe that my class (19/24) have not been tested for anything. Now with RtI we are in a state of panic. KE, you wouldn't be suprised to know that a couple read at a PP level and managed to pass the 3rd grade test, guess who was there teacher?

SBB, KE, and LN, I may soon need an intervention!!!!! Poor Monkey, just sees me with this deer in the headlight look most of the time.

1 comment:

K2daK said...

I got a mention on Lennye's blog!! YEAH!! I feel SO loved right now! :)

Does it surprise me about some kids? No, not at all, hopefully my kids are doing okay. I worry about teaching Pre-K will they be ready for K? Will they have a good taste of what school is, did they learn all they needed to learn? Am I doing this right? Are they learning anything at all? I had the same worries in 3rd grade too, but with many 3rd graders they came to me PP and left on a 2 or 3rd grade level. (Had one leave one time on a 4th grade level who now excels in middle school). I PRAY that the one you mentioned that their folder hasn't been touched since SBB touched it wasn't one of mine. I HOPE that I didn't miss something. I can think of one that I had that year that I should've taken higher, and I am not sure I did that, but I can think of SEVERAL that I tried to do everything I could do and magically they passed the test, but I know that it might have been luck.

PRAISE the 5th grade teachers, your job is tough. I have always thought that a 5th grade teacher's job is tough. Maybe you can e-mail me and I can come help out a few days a month-that is if you think it would be a help.