Thursday, September 13, 2007

A Moment in Time

Funny how fast your life can change. Yesterday, my biggest concern was getting Grandpa a cake for his 73rd birthday. Dan called about 4:20 to tell me to get Grandma. Then I hear all kinds of commotion and Dan saying we've been in a serious accident. Then nothing, no is grandpa okay, horses, him.....I was frantic and still have chest pains this morning.



Seems that a younger woman turned in front of Dan. He tried to miss her, and ended up going through a guardrail into a ditch. He was in the big truck and was loaded with horses. The girl was "flight for life-d" out. We are still waiting on word if she is okay or not. The horses appear okay. The truck and trailer are history. Witnesses stayed around to tell the police what happened. IT WAS VERY TRAUMATIC!



Everyone immediately started praying for the girl. The police have said it is an ongoing investigation. We are hoping for the best.



The horses on the trailer had been to the "horsey chiropractor". They are suppose to be on their way to Tennessee, to perform in the big BROOKS and DUNN horse show this week. Dan is unsure what to do this morning.



Dan is still shaky thinking that something could have happen to his Dad and Dan said it would have been his fault. Which it wouldn't have, but you know how this goes. He is very concerned about the girl. Doesn't know whether to go on to Tennessee or not. Of course there is the truck and trailer issue.



Yet, in it all I was thinking about the fact that I had been mad at him on Sunday for being hateful with me. I decided I wouldn't say a word about it (I felt I deserved an apology), so I prayed for God to take care of the issue (Something I've learned to do often). Didn't mean to take anyone out!!!! Then I thought of a friend who is miserable in her marriage and how quickly there could be no time to fix anything! Scary!!!!!!


You know, know matter how bad he can act or hateful he can be, without him we are no longer whole as a family. So thank you God for giving him and Dad another day!!!!

2 comments:

Monkey said...

I hope Dan, grandpa and the horses are doing better today.
I think that people should never leave each other on angry, mad terms...because you never know what's going to happen next. I let my loved ones know I love them before they walk out the door, I'll never have to wonder what the last thing I said to them is because I know it's always "I love you, be safe." I'm glad Dan and grandpa are safe and sound. I'm very sorry for the lady and her family. I hope at least like you said, that they too knew how much they loved one another.

K2daK said...

Super sad news! If there is anything I can do besides go do a show and provide a trailer and truck let me know. I will keep the girl, Dan, grandpa, and your family in my prayers.