Friday, July 13, 2007

Music of the Day

Today's musical sampling should be, "Mama's Don't Let Your Baby's Grow Up to be Cowboys!" Matt called, can't he stay in Texas till school starts. I won't even go into my thoughts on that or what his Daddy said. (Which was mild)

So to soothe my tortured soul over the middle child, I downloaded more music. Not modern and hip, but golden oldies. I went for Roseann Cash's "Seven Year Ache" and Elton John's "Tiny Dancer". Almost had to add .38 Special's "Hold on Loosely", but found it too moody today!!

Good News at the doctor with Gabe's ear. He pulled out lots of dead skin and said that the eardrum looked pretty good. We go back in 10 days! Seems to think there won't be any hearing loss. Thank you Jesus! Also, felt he may talk softer now!!!!!!! Tomorrow if all holds out I will have the house alone!!!! I told Dad and Gabe they need a man day. Matt is gone. Drew is meeting Alex to look at suits for the wedding. (They don't want Tuxes)

2 comments:

Monkey said...

Glad Gabe is doing better! I think the stuff with Matt is a trip! Too crazy! Can't blame him for wanting to stay away from the insanity for a little while right?!
Look up these Brandie Carlile "The Story" I think it's a remake, I like it. Life house "broken" Great Northern "home" Maroon 5-"Won't Go Home Without You" and "Figure it Out"
Brett Dennen "Ain't No Reason"
Gretchen Wilson "Come to Bed"--the only one I really like by her
Kellie Pickler-"I wonder" the only one I really like by her either
John McLaughlin "Beautiful Disaster"

Monkey said...

hmm....some more recent favorites--

Timbaland featuring One Republic "Apologize"
Ray LaMontagne "Trouble" really good one!
David Gray "this year's love" very very pretty
Jason Mraz "geek in the pink" this makes me think of all those 5th grade boys that loved wearing pink...like Jimmy
I love many oldies...but one of my all time favs since childhood is by the Manhattans "Kiss and Say Goodbye" also like the remix UB40 did...not quite as good as the original though.
James Morrison "You give me something" LOVE THIS!
Bag of Toys "share"
That should keep you busy when you want some songs to look up...I'm curious as to which ones you will like...I like a lot of diff. music!
About the orange car, that's one I took of a car in Julie's collection displayed in the craft room.