Monday, May 28, 2007

Random Thoughts

I have spent the entire weekend working on a paper for my doctorate class. Just like I spent Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years, and Easter! I know when this is over it will all be worth the work.

Today, I learned a valuable lesson--trust my instinct. My research is particular to my everyday work, I know it better than others. So I am hanging up doubt and fear today and pressing forward.

I want to learn to enjoy the mundane! My life is full of the ordinary, every day stuff. There is cooking, cleaning, work, research, and mounds of laundry! There are no fun vacations to the beach or the mountains. In an effort to take a break, the hubby and I will be headed to Oklahoma for my 30th class reunion in June. It will be a hurried trip since I have a conference the first part of the week and need to get back to get Gabe off to children's camp. In three days we will make the whirlwind visit with family and friends.

But for today I will enjoy the mundane!

2 comments:

Monkey said...

Excellent! Now commenting on your comments will be much easier! You will become like us and find that it is so exciting when you have new comments! Welcome to blog land! This will be fun...and do find happiness in the simple things...that's what it's all about right? Organize your clothes in ROYGBIV order...it might work for ya!

Lennye said...

Monkey, you know I could never find peace in that much organizaiton! Where's the chaos!!