Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Exahustion and Thankfulness

The last week of school just drains me! The new Doc in Macon says that is one reason to lose weight. (He doesn't understand the stress of the job makes me eat!) Today is the big moving on banquet and I am glad we are almost done. As I reflect over the year with this class, God has been very kind to me. So many of mine had not done well in fourth grade and had to pass the fifth grade test to move on. Thankful only one will be retaking the test.

However, if I thought rest was in my future, I was wrong!!! As soon as school is out I need to hop in the car and get over to Augusta and do a 3 day horse show. How many teachers really have second jobs? I do enjoy my horseshows, but I am drained right now.

I need to practice being thankful. I'm thankful I have a second job that doesn't demand too much. Also, that on most days I can still remember why I wanted to be a teacher. I'm thankful for a husband who has never been afraid of hard work. And for children who on most days are pretty good kids. (Even if one of them does pull out the most obscure chess move in the book at the wrong time during a tournament.) I'm thankful for friends. But mostly, I'm thankful that on the worst day imaginable, God gave me the ability to find something worth laughing about.

3 comments:

Monkey said...

Ok..I'm wondering why it says you posted this at 2:00 in the morning?!! Two more days! Hootie Hoo!

Sarah B. B. said...

Thankfulness is something we all need to work on - props to you for thinking about it. :) And you should be grateful for your chess whiz, by the way. He's a cool kiddo.

Lennye said...

Love you girls. I get up at 4:00am that is why it says 2:00am. It post in MST.