Monday, July 15, 2024

In God's Timing

 How many times in life have you heard or will hear the phrase "In God's timing"? I've probably heard and said it hundreds of times, but yesterday when the preacher's wife said it - well it hit a little differently.

You see I've tried hard for two years to lose weight. I've tried HCG shots and a restricted diet, semiglutide shots, Weight Watchers, Noom, and Faster Way. So far nothing has just dropped the weight.

In April my boss decided I needed a change of scenery and moved me down several grade levels that will require walking and energy. I'm old!

Summer rolled in, my favorite time of the year! I could get back in the pool and exercise. Visions of a renewed teacher for those 4th graders danced in my head. Then three weeks into summer I pulled, tweaked, and angered (no one really knows) my IT band in my already painful legs.

So, Lord, what is going on. 

Then yesterday as Lynn prayed for me, I understood that God is working on me, and my timetable is not necessarily His.

Scripture confirms that all of our time is in God's control.

  • Psalm 27:14 "Wait for the Lord; be strong, and let your heart take courage; wait for the Lord!"
  • Isaiah 40:31 "But they who wait for the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles; they shall run and not be weary; they shall walk and not faint."
  • Galatians 6:9 "And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up."
  • Proverbs 3:5-6 "Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths."

So, what does God have planned, only He knows, but I'm looking.


No comments: