Thursday, April 4, 2024

 Literally two weeks ago, I went to our church's women's retreat. I remember leaving after the first session and foolishly saying to God, "I'm not sure this is useful my life's been pretty calm lately."

I remember when I said it I immediately said, "Please don't send any trials my way."

Oh how God must have laughed.

Now friend hear me good, me changing grade levels is insignificant in the scope of life. Many people are facing far greater hurdles - sick spouses and sick children. So for me to whine about this just feels wrong. 

But back to my conference, that first night Christina Fox mentioned that when we are surprised by "unwanted visitors" they take us hostage. Friend, since March 28th I've been a picture of a hostage. 

So what changed? I cried out to God. During our retreat Fox shared how it is not wrong for us to "express our feelings to God." To be honest with Him. To set my mind on who He is and to recount His faithfulness in the past. 

While this is not a problem for me many may struggle. This is why I try to be transparent in my writing, most of us really are a hot mess! However, if you need deeper understanding on how to face the "unwanted visitors" in life, then I strongly recommend Fox's book A Heart Set Free. It will definitely help you structure your prayer life similar to the Psalms.


No comments: