Monday, October 2, 2023

Arm yourself

 "Therefore, since Christ suffered in His body, arm yourselves with the same resolve, because anyone who has suffered in his body is done with sin." 1 Peter 4:1


Let's look at this verse a minute and I want you to look at the phrase "arm yourself with the same resolve." For some reason this really hit me hard.

Perhaps it is because I can't get over the unkindness and I don't care attitude I see in our world. Perhaps I'm just old, but as I read I thought well what was Jesus's resolve?

Christ's resolve was to do the Father's will, to humble himself in perfect obedience, and to die on a cross for our sins. 

He counted others more significant than Himself! He withstood the mocking, shame, and suffering for us. His goal was to please the Father. Do we share that resolve?

In Philippians 2:5, Paul challenged believers to present the Gospel from a united front by aligning their attitudes with Christ’s.

Is my attitude like Christ? Oh, friend, we all fall so short but like Paul, that doesn't mean we should stop pressing on.


No comments: