Friday, August 4, 2023

Psalm 18:6

 As I watch our world spiral I wonder why God would bother with us. Then I read these verses and am overcome with the thought God hears me, He not only hears but answers.

Matthew Henry stated, "David was a praying man, and God was found a prayer-hearing God. If we pray as he did, we shall speed as he did."
The use of the word "speed" gave me pause, so I went and looked it up. It means, "make prosperous or successful."
If we pray like David we will be successful. What loving-kindness our God has toward us. Such grace and mercy are hard to comprehend.
My own children, over the years, have done and said things that cut deep in my mother's heart. Yet, I never stopped loving them, caring for them, or wanting them to succeed. Now my love for my own children is so minute compared to God's love for us.
So when we have a God who loves us endlessly, why do we fail to set aside time to talk to Him, commune with Him, and catch a glimpse of His immense love for us.
Friend, I keep going back to the thought, that we don't understand who He is. The only way to fix that is read our Bible's and pray to Him to reveal Himself to us. Are we really too busy for that?

No comments: