Monday, August 7, 2023

Philippians 1:6

 There is an old Southern gospel song, "I Wouldn't Take Nothing for my Journey Now." This morning while studying the life of Elijah a deeper meaning came forth.

"All of his life set the stage for the life God had planned for him." (Shirer, p. 35) That was so deep and I had to read it twice. See I learned a lot about God in my 26 years in Oklahoma. My formattable years.
Carter County, Oklahoma is where I'm from.
Carter County, Oklahoma is where my heart was formed.
Carter County, Oklahoma is where my own personal set of trials and difficulties became a start a process, a process of living and thinking and navigating my journey by faith. (adapted from Shirer p. 37)
Wow! Just WOW! God prepared me for this journey in those early years. Shirer says, "Elijah's whole life was about to become a clear, bold declaration of God's power and provision. And so is yours."
So me...I'll just be over here thanking God for my journey this far and trusting that He is using every part of this journey to form me into His image!

No comments: